Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Kay" 1978 (re-release) by John Wesley Ryles

"Kay" 1978 (re-release) Written by Hank Mills Performed by John Wesley Ryles © '68 Johnny Bienstock Music, BMI en.wikipedia.org en.wikipedia.org Kay with all your singing talent back in Houston Nashville's all you talked about I sold everything I owned to bring you here now you'll be famous there's no doubt Last week you knocked 'em out in New York tonight Chicago's going wild Kay Your new record on the jukebox don't sound bad Kay I'm living yet I'm dying staring out at Music City from my cab Caution lights blink out their warning some old faithful Big Ben clock chimes three am Starving hound dogs search the trash can my gas tank could stand a dollars worth again All those chuckholes here on Main Street jar my rib cage I can cuss Kay The crowd of nightlife people look so sad Kay I'm living yet I'm dying staring out at Music City from my cab Two young soldiers from Fort Campbell told me how they fought a war they never won Sirens echoed through an alley and some woman said some fellow stabbed a man I rushed Miss Teenage to the doctor she begged to give the child my name Ive lost count of cups of coffee that I've had Kay I'm living yet I'm dying staring out at Music City from my cab Three rose petals on my front seat fallen from the bouquet Jimmy took to June Jim kept mumbling through his teardrops God she'll leave this world with flowers in her room Kay I showed some drunk your picture and he made some smart remark So I hit him in the mouth for was I mad Kay I'm living yet ...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © big dogs breeds